As the picture above basically explains, we’ve removed all of the doors from our little kitchen, pushed the fridge out into the dining/living room, and emptied the countertops and lower cabinets (doggy proofed!) so that we can start with this kitchen update. That pic was taken August 4th, I can honestly report that kitchen things are still all over our house basically making our life even more chaotic. Here’s the wishlist/to do list for the kitchen:
- Prime, paint, and seal the cabinets.
- Buy new hardware and add it to the cabinets (duh)
- Paint the walls and ceiling
- Re-do the countertop (either paint or re-laminate)
- Replace the floor
- Finally finish installing the big light
- Replace the under cabinet light
- Find a permanent solution for the trash and recycle bins
- Make the upper corner shelf open shelving
- Possibly replace the above-window light
- Add some sort of curtains to the window and the door
- Strip and repair the doors to the outside and to the basement
- Paint the doors to the outside and the basement
- Bright high glass white paint on the trim
- Create a family command center on the big open wall that includes a calendar, mail center, meal planner, and anything else we may find useful.
I am tired thinking about it.