So it’s bright green. To be specific, it’s Behr’s ultra premium super duper paint & primer in one color matched to new grass green by Glidden. If people are interested (I totally sure you are not), I can go get the formula off of the paint can. I love it. It’s really cheerful and there’s not a whole lot of wall in here anyway. The giant wall behind Kevin is going to be home to the family “command center” – so you are not going to see a whole lot of green there either. That probably won’t get done until 2013 in reality though. But we both love the green.
Prime, paint, and seal the cabinets.(we opted to not seal) Buy new hardware and add it to the cabinets (duh) Paint the walls and ceiling Re-do the countertop (either paint or re-laminate)
- Re-redo the countertop again (surprise surprise!)
- Replace the floor
- Finally finish installing the big light (it needs a sealing gasket thing installed, but we couldn’t find it for awhile lol)
- Replace the under cabinet light
- Find a permanent solution for the trash and recycle bins (on our way!)
Make the upper corner shelf open shelving(just have to add the shelves back in – more on that later)
- Paint the new open shelving in the corner
- Possibly replace the above-window light
- Add some sort of curtains to the window and the door
- Strip and repair the doors to the outside
and to the basement
- Paint the doors to the outside and the basement
- Bright high gloss white paint on the trim and doors
- Create a family command center on the big open wall that includes a calendar, mail center, meal planner, and anything else we may find useful.
- Add a light in the little nook where the doors are?