As I gather up my half-assed pictures of the kitchen reno at every step I have realized a few things. They all boil down to one thing: I need to take better pictures. For starters, I am not the best photographer. But there’s also the fact that I never bothered to clean off the countertop for any of the pics. It’s always full of chaos. In fact, I don’t even have a picture of the full kitchen post painting the countertops. God only knows why. So, to the best that I’ve equipped myself, here’s three pictures of our kitchen along the way, with a quick cap of what changed in between.
I seriously need to work on my photography skillz.
Our kitchen to do list looks like this now with this update–
Prime, paint, and seal the cabinets.(we opted to not seal) Buy new hardware and add it to the cabinets (duh) Paint the walls and ceiling Re-do the countertop (either paint or re-laminate)
- Re-redo the countertop again (surprise surprise!)
- Finally finish installing the big light (it needs a sealing gasket thing installed, but we couldn’t find it for awhile lol)
Replace the under cabinet light
- Find a permanent solution for the trash and recycle bins (on our way!)
Make the upper corner shelf open shelving(just have to add the shelves back in – more on that later) Paint the new open shelving in the corner(still have to paint the actual shelves + maybe a pattern in the background + hang the shelves)
- Possibly replace the above-window light
- Add some sort of curtains to the window and the door
Strip and repair the doors to the outside and to the basement Paint the doors to the outside and the basement
- Bright gloss white paint on the trim and doors
- Create a family command center on the big open wall that includes a calendar, mail center, meal planner, and anything else we may find useful.
- Add a light in the little nook where the doors are?
So here’s where we are now…
So happy with this finished step!